onsdag 17. februar 2010

A religious man asked me “Why not?”, I said…

I am not a religious man, because I do not see the fundamental elements of any religion as purely religious. The fundamental elements are what the commandments are built upon, covered up by a higher being so that people can worship a set of rules that help them to prosperity. In other words, they are there to help us lead better lives. By this I don’t mean that the idea of religion is wrong, but I don’t need to believe in a god to want to be a better man.

What is so immensely frustrating about religion is that the message is so clear, yet so many people have trouble seeing it. Religion is not about hate, not about ruling, not about control, but about love, about inner balance, about being a better human. It doesn’t matter what your fellow citizens need to believe in to be able to cope with their own inner weaknesses, ‘cause by god, we all have our weak spots. Religion is not about judging thy neighbor. The pioneers did not want death. They wanted a better world and through history the power structure has corrupted the whole concept, the whole meaning behind every religion out there. The bible alone has been rewritten numerous times. How can we today trust its writings? A religion used to judge, to hate, to dictate instead of a way to enlightenment are used for nothing but blasphemy against the beauty of life, even as “new age” crappy this sounds. But the opposite of hate is love and love for mankind is what is needed to survive the battles between all of man.

But it is so much more convenient to believe in a judging father, a madman with a fraternity in the afterlife and if you don’t have a members card you have to take the escalator down the janitor in charge of purgatory. I can’t focus on such an idea, it seems all wrong. We just need one simple guideline, one little piece of help: Do to others as you want them to do to you. That’s all. It’s so easy even kids can understand it. Combine this with respect for each other and we are all set and ready to go. If the world can understand this simple concept, we would be on the right way.

I have to end this post by saying that this is not a genuine thought, made by me in a moment of realization, many spiritual or enlightened guides have understood this way of thinking long before me. All I am saying is that by study, with knowledge and understanding, a lot can be achieved. When you are presented with, you know, anything, think. I try my best to use my abilities, but I know I too have a long way to walk. In the words of Socrates; I know that I know nothing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar