fredag 19. mars 2010

Why are we so hung up on this?

I can’t say I find it interesting what sexual presences other people have, but why do we need to mark every homosexual out there with signs on them like they are Jews living in a Nazi occupied territory? The only reason why knowing another man is homosexual is because you are interested in the same fun or activity, if you follow me. We force people to take a stand and speak out with comments like “I am gay and proud”. If I went out saying I was straight and proud, I guess some people would find me a bit anti-gay. But somehow society has a really hard time getting over the fact that some men like having sex with other men. If that’s your ball-game, fine, I don’t care. I don’t need to know, and the media are dragging this kind of coming-out-game on every gay performer out there. It's such a big deal to them that they (media or whoever need to know) have created a "Closet" for them to hide in, or to come out of.

Sure it was no surprise to seeing this fella in the papers with this “confession” and coming out officially as gay, but why do we need this? Do we also need to know if a politician likes S&M, if he's a foot fetishist or if he likes dressing up? I read in the papers some years ago about a “Lesbian Sado Priest”, as they called her. Whatever, if that’s what she likes does that hurt anyone? If Erlend Bratland likes men, do we need it announced on the news on TV, in the papers and treat it like it means something? Isn't it his business, a part of his privacy?

As long as two grown people are doing something they like it’s their business and no one elses. Society should stop branding every gay person like a cow to know what area he belongs to. Sure, I can’t understand that someone prefer men instead of women, but that doesn’t mean I must built up a hate relationship with gay people. What I ask is WHY are so many people, out there, AFRAID of gay men when they at the same time embrace the look of girl-girl scenes. If two girls kiss at a party it is socially accepted and some may even cheer enthusiastically. If two guys do the same it would sicken a lot of the people present. Double moral at its best, don't you think?

I won’t make a longer rant than necessary about this, but the last say here, in this totally uninteresting post, is that you should respect thy neighbor, and stop branding everyone around you. If this post makes you wonder about my sexuality, then read it again and ask yourself why you wonder.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/03/18/kjendis/erlend_bratland/norske_talenter/homofili/10912265/

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar