onsdag 13. oktober 2010

Hate for the Romany people and love for our lazy bastards.

In the modern society nomads are not the kind of people who stands out in the crowd as “Wanted”. In some cases they are even kicked out of the land they wandered into.

France are on the field, lining up the busses, airplanes and the kick-out Generals are working overtime. The Gypsies are a wandering pack of beggars, hustlers and thief’s and France are shipping them off. Ok, this may seem a bit harsh, even stigmatic and racist. But look around and tell me what you see when you observe a Gypsy. It may, for all I know, be the outskirts of the Romany people that fits this description. Maybe I am completely wrong and a narrow minded bastard. Maybe I am a right-wing nutcase, a guy raised in suburbia, surrounded by nice white people who haven’t seen a foreigner since their last trip to the wrong side of town. Maybe I am the one who need to adjust my view. If so tell me I am wrong, but until then, I still see Gypsies on street corners and by parking meters begging for change and it comes out wrong in my head.

My attitude is that I’d rather give change to a drug addict than to a Gypsy. The drug addict has a problem, the Gypsy just don’t want to carry his own weight. But again, this might be all wrong. We live in a society overflowing with shit we don’t need, we are using money like it’s the only way to salvation, getting the newest 3D/HD-ready flatscreen TV, a new Blu-ray player and an Xbox in each kids room. A blender, you gotta have a blender, electrical heaven come to me, get me a laptop installed in the bathroom and by the toilet, save me from a technological impaired way of life. Shit, send me to the end of the universe just to have been there, waste money on a machine that will wipe my ass for me, so I can live better. Man, we live so good we look down on folks not on facebook, people who ain’t got a Spotify account. If you ain’t on the right buss, you won’t go to techno heaven.

So, if we can spend shitloads of money each year on all the gadgets we need to survive in the suburb jungle, why can’t we spare a few coins to the people who have made a career out of begging? Will you miss the few coins you throw in that paper cup? Not likely. So why do we disapprove of this? Why should we give away our hard earned money to some punk race that don’t wanna contribute to our wonderful society. When we waste like we don’t give a shit, why can’t we waste a few pennies to the Romany people? I guess it’s because of this thesis: Society works kind of like this, if you can’t walk we’ll carry you along the way. If you refuse to walk, you are left behind. Or maybe not. If you are the right kind of human, we will carry you, even if you are capable of walking. If you are of the wrong kind, well, you better get out of town and stretch out those tarpaulins somewhere else.

But if we just found some land for these people, helped start the first Gypsy State, would that work out for them? I just can’t stop wondering if that will be the first empty nation where all the inhabitant have immigrated, left the plains in waste to be among us with their accordions, paper cups and mobile phones. Have you seen a beggar with a phone? I have. We are doing a great job for these people, they are not on the Amish side of life, they are right here with us and we will never be rid of them. So start loving these thugs and hold on to your purses.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/eu/artikkel.php?artid=10018641
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/19/france-sends-scores-of-gy_n_688465.html

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar