torsdag 8. april 2010

The universe and the ant.

I’m not going to reveal any grand philosophical answer in this post, simply because I can’t. No one can actually give a correct answer to the content of this blog post and the answer to that is pretty easy; We do not know the complexity of the universe. We can only guess and assume.

What I asked myself was two things. How can we determine that the universe is expanding, and what is the universe expanding into, over or crushing in its way? This is a hard nut to crack. If something is expanding, it needs room to expand in. So instead of trying to solve a problem I have no capability of figuring out, I found a way to explain my own lack of ability. The reason why we, or at least I, have such a problem grasping the ways and size of the universe can be explained with an ant.

The ant will never be able to comprehend how vast the earth is. It can only run around and imagine how big it is. The reason for why the ant can’t understand this is because it can never explore the far corners of the earth. It can only explore the area near to it. It can of course explore vast areas compared to its size, in the same way as humans can go into space and travel great distances, but not remotely as far into space we have to go to understand its full potential. To see the grand suite of the universe we are a part of, we have to explore space in the same way we have explored earth. The ant can’t understand the vastness of the earth of the same reasons we can’t understand the universe.

What I might need to do to start understanding some of this greatness, this cold darkness called space, I feel the need to study the thinking of Nassim Haramein. “Crossing the Event Horizon” might help opening ways of seeing the Universe in a new way. I don’t know what his theory is all about yet, but I’m looking forward watching it. When I’m done I’ll let you know.

http://www.theresonanceproject.org/

PS. Nassim, you disappointed me in a grand scale. Sorry, but this just seems cultish.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar